Visit CafePress.com/mnb_mcdermott
Now you can get my artwork on goodies!
Proceeds go directly
to benefit... well, me!


See What's in my Beer Cellar!


Apr 27, 2012

A visit from the Beer Fairy

So today I was sitting at my tedious temp job, barely keeping awake. At the first break I decided to walk to the Jewel next door for a quick donut. This Jewel, in Lombard, has been remodeling all month, so every once in a while there was an end cap of stuff priced to move. I guess there’s a rule that once items are on the shelf, they can’t go back to storage? Previously I’d gotten some bargains like canned chipotles for 50¢, fancy teas, etc. Near the liquor department I suddenly spotted four shopping carts full of beer, with signs reading “All 6-packs and 4-packs: $3!” This was all fresh beer, and not a BMC in the bunch except for two hers of Michelob Ultra (plus a vodka alcopop). I ended up taking 17 of those paragons home. A few others at work picked up some good beers, too. How good: My haul of 17 units, totaling $51:

Abita Purple Haze 6-pack
Anchor Liberty Ale 6
Dogfish Head Raison D’Etre 6
Dogfish Head 90 Minute IIPA 2-4 packs
Goose Island Pepe Nero 2-4 packs
Goose Island Pere Jacques 4-pack
Goose Island Sofie 4
Harpoon IPA 6
New Belgium 1554 6
Sam Adams Imperial Double Bock 4
Sam Adams Imperial Wee Heavy 2-4 packs
Sam Adams Imperial White 4

Cerveza Imperial (Costa Rica) 6
Lech Premium (Poland) 6
I got these foreign beers because I wasn’t sure I hadn’t ticked them yet. I had. In fact, I’ve already rated all these beers, but who can pass this bargain up?

So put a bottle cap under your pillow, and maybe the beer fairy will visit you tomorrow!

No comments: